Sunday, January 12, 2014

Blog Intro!

Hi! My name is Rabbi A. Bitton and I'm in my second year of teaching Judaic Studies in Magen David Yeshivah High School. I teach Talmud, Oral Tradition, and Halacha to grades 9-12. Teaching in Magen David Yeshivah alongside my brother, Rabbi E. Bitton is the fulfillment of a lifelong dream for me. It is a perpetuation of my father's legacy in founding the school. My father, Rabbi David Bitton ZT"L, was one of the first principals of Magen David Yeshivah Elementary School for over 20 years. He was a Rebbe as well, as educated a generation of syrian talmidim in the Torah path. One of his more famous students is Rabbi Eli Mansour, who is a famous rabbi and world renowned lecturer based in the syrian community of flatbush today.

I taught in several yeshivot before coming to Magen David including, Yeshivat Magen Avraham and Yeshivat Mekor Chaim, where I gained valuable teaching experience in a challenging behavioral environment. I received semicha from Harav Yisroel Belsky Shlita, Rosh Yeshiva of Torah Vodaath in brooklyn. N. Y. I also worked with  Rabbi Belsky periodically when he went to the OU office in Manhattan in his capacity as head posek for the OU. This gave me valuable practical experience in Halacha which comes in handy as a teacher, as students today relate better to practical applications than to abstract theory.

I grew up in London and N.Y. which helped me become more open minded. I love traveling the world experiencing different cultures, especially jewish ones, and giving shiurim to jewish communities all over the globe. I was a Rabbi in the Sephardic Home for the Aged in brooklyn, N.Y. where I learned to appreciate older people as well as fulfill my penchant for doing chessed.  I also enjoy playing sports and being physically active. I'm looking forward to another great year of teaching and learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment